3 John 2 – “Beloved I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”
I understand that you may not have any more time or money or health for that matter to suffer through nuances and platitudes offered by so many others. So let’s get right to the point and get this thing done so that your faith is built up and you can prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers. By the way, it won’t cost you any money to do the following so put away your wallet.
1. Believe with all your heart and frequently confess or make affirmation to the truth that God loves you and is more willing than you could even ask for or imagine that he would use his wisdom and knowledge and power on your behalf (all paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ) so that you can prosper and be in health. Everything else is a lie in disguise.
2. “I wish” It is clearly the “will” of God for you to prosper and be in health.
3. “Above all things” this is God’s number one priority for you if you are a Christian and that is to prosper and be in health. If you are not a Christian then God’s number one priority for you is to be reconciled to him and you can do that by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
4. “That thou (you) mayest (may)” Yep, you are going to have a part to play in this scenario. You will have to do something as far as acting on your faith so that you can prosper and be in health.
5. “Prosper” means “to help on the road, that is, (passively) succeed in reaching; figuratively to succeed in business affairs; have a prosperous journey.”
a) The Lord is with you to help you on the road of life.
b) The Lord will help you to succeed in accomplishing your purpose in life in addition to helping you succeed in your daily affairs.
c) For example, you will succeed in your business affairs (which include, but are not limited to, finances)
d) So that when it is all said and done and before you step into glory to be with the Lord forever you will have had a prosperous journey.
6. “And” There are “two” parts to this same equation that go together as one. You are not supposed to have one without the other.
7.”Be in health”
a) “Be in” Trust the Lord and he will heal you and then keep you in health all the days of your life.
b) He will cause you to be sound in your overall health and be well in your body.
c) He will also cause you to be safe from anything that might corrupt or destroy that health.
d) And finally he will make you whole which means if a body part or body function has been destroyed or has never worked or is missing he will replace it and fix it with new (not man made either). Don’t believe me? Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever (Heb. 13:8) “And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, MAIMED, and many others and cast them down at Jesus’ feet, and he healed them: Insomuch that the multitude wondered when they saw the dumb to speak, the MAIMED to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.” Matt. 15:30,31
8. “Even as” This is where you come in and will have to do something to act on your faith.
9. “Your soul prospers” So here are the steps you are going to do. And you will have keep doing them along with continuous praise and thanksgiving to God until the manifestation takes place in addition to doing them daily because the thief will come to steal, kill, and destroy (Jn. 10:10)
a) Your soul consists of your mind, will, and emotions.
b) By an act of your own will you daily imagine yourself prospering and healed and maintaining that prosperity and health with the Lord himself prospering you and healing you because he is your provider and healer.
c) You base this on promises from the Word of God.
d) You give continuous praise and thanksgiving (frequently throughout your day) to the Lord for your prosperity and healing and health because “It is written… (quote your scripture promises here).”
e) Do not focus on circumstances that are contrary to what you believe. Keep acting on your faith.
f) Ignore what others might say that is contrary to what you believe. Keep acting on your faith.
g) Do not let other things tempt you (for whatever reason) to cause you to quit or to change direction. Keep acting of your faith.
10. Preach the good news of Jesus Christ to everyone you meet.